Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Last Week at Allison Ramsey, for a while...

So yesterday was my last day at Allison Ramsey Architects - I start at Habitat For Humanity International in Atlanta on Monday. I will work there until Thursday, when I fly to South Africa.

Obviously, I am really excited about traveling to Africa again and starting a new job. I have mixed feelings though, mostly due to the fact that it has been about 19 years since I last changed jobs, and considering that I never thought I would ever work in one place for even 5 years. For some reason, everyone I talk to thinks that I might have some adjusting to do to the fact that I will not be the boss anymore - but my response to them is they haven't had to work for my clients for 19 years. I like to think I am trading an average of 10 to 12 bosses at a time for just one, or maybe two.

I am also a little nervous due to the fact that I am flying my dog and cat to Africa, and they will be following me after a few days, so I won't even be the person that puts them on the plane. I have never transported animals before, except in my car, and considering how many times my luggage has been lost by the airlines in my lifetime, my confidence level is understandably low....

Anyway, it was great spending the last three weeks in Beaufort working with the gang at Allison Ramsey. I can't express how proud I am of the firm that we have created together - we do an amazing job, and have such an incredible body of work - we just need to keep on sharing with others what we have done and can do! I plan to continue to be involved in Allison Ramsey at some level - and I will definitely be visiting when I am back in the States.

Some of "The Gang" - Past and Present:

No comments:

Post a Comment